John Magne Skjelvik
John Magne Skjelvik has almost 30 years of experience from various assignments and projects covering the following topics:
- Cost benefit analysis of policy instruments, plans and projects
- Monitoring & evaluations of the performances of existing policy instruments and institutions, including institutional arrangements.
- Advisory services on how to improve policy design and implementation.
- Planning and foresight analysis, including development trends, risk assessments and impact analysis of various policy measures, mainly taxes and subsidies.
- Quality assurance of investment projects, including KS1 and KS2 regime for large public projects.
His work has comprised processes in close cooperation with authorities, industries and other stakeholders, often in larger teams. He is also a very experienced project manager.
Main sectors of work include transportation, defense, environmental protection (including climate change policy), energy supply, industry, development assistance, health and social sector, insurance (natural hazards), fisheries, agriculture and forestry.
Major client include the World Bank and regional development banks, Nordic donor organisations, OECD, Nordic ministries and sub-bodies and NGOs. He has work experience from the Nordic countries, Eastern Europe, East Asia (particularly China), Latin America and Africa.
- 2018/40Valuation of some environmental damages in GeorgiaEconomic Analysis | Kraft og energi | Environment
- 2017/26Flexible demand for electricity and power: Barriers and opportunitiesStatistics and Empirical Analysis | Kraft og energi
- 2017/11Environmental impacts and potential of the sharing economyStatistics and Empirical Analysis | Climate change and the green transformation | Environment | IKT og digitalisering | Reguleringer og konkurranseøkonomi
- 2016/17Environmental Planning for Risk Reduction in China: A seven- step frameworkModeller og databaser | Strategy and process consulting | Utviklingssamarbeid | Environment
- 2016/14Planning for Environmental Risk Reduction in China: Policy RecommendationsStrategy and process consulting | Quality assurance, disputes and expert opinions | Utviklingssamarbeid | Environment
- 2014/32Tackling environmental risks with environmental planning: international experiencesUtviklingssamarbeid
- 2014/21Case Exercises: Using CBA and SEA to Reduce Environmental Risk in ChinaUtviklingssamarbeid
- 2012/16Evaluation of NDF’s progress under the climate mandateUtviklingssamarbeid