Haakon Vennemo holds a PhD in Economics from the University of Oslo. He started his working career in the Research Department of Statistics Norway and went on to Econ Analysis. While at Econ he held various positions including two years as Managing Director. At the time Econ had 100 employees. Haakon joined Vista in January 2010. He is an experienced consultant, researcher, project manager and administrator.
Haakon has in recent years spent considerable time on understanding the energy and environmental situation of China. He is a consultant to the World Bank in this area, writes research papers and manages projects within the development cooperation between Norway and China. Another focus area of Haakon is clean energy in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Haakon’s portfolio of projects in Norway is broad and extends to e.g., the economics of innovation, industrial policy and taxation. Applied economic analysis is the common thread to these projects.
- 2016/17Environmental Planning for Risk Reduction in China: A seven- step frameworkPlanning for Cost-Effective Environmental Risk Reduction in China
- 2016/14Planning for Environmental Risk Reduction in China: Policy RecommendationsPlanning for Cost-Effective Environmental Risk Reduction in China
- 2016/13Mainstreaming biodiversity and ecosystem services – Norwegian and European ExperiencesEnvironment – assessment and non-market valuation | Climate change and the green transformation
- 2012Air pollution reduction during China’s 11th Five-Year Plan period—local implementation and achievements in Shanxi province
- 2011The energy intensity target in China’s 11th Five-Year Plan period—Local implementation and achievements in Shanxi Province