Haakon Vennemo, PhD and Professor, is an expert in environmental economics, energy economics and development issues, with a broad knowledge of macro and micro-economics in general. He has project experience from a large number of countries in Asia, Africa and Latin-America and is an experienced project manager as well as participant. In China he has a continuous project experience since 1996.
Haakon is also engaged in domestic Norwegian policy issues, where he primarily does economic analysis of policy suggestions of interest to the public and private sector; market analysis and evaluations. Energy, environment and welfare issues are important in his Norwegian portfolio, but he conducts work in a large number of areas. Haakon has taken part in several hundred policy research projects, and has been project manager in more than a hundred. He is also a very experienced quality controller.
Haakon Vennemo has strong academic credentials and about 40 publications in referee journals and books. He is Adjunct Professor of Economics at the Business School of Oslo Metropolitan University.
- 2018/43Joint seminar on Just Transition between Poland and NorwayClimate change and the green transformation
- 2018/17Implementing incentives for climate resilient housing among the urban poor in Vietnam – Monitoring report 2Climate change and the green transformation
- 2018/16Implementing incentives for climate resilient housing among the urban poor in Vietnam – Evaluation Report with preliminary findingsClimate change and the green transformation
- 2018Air Pollution and Greenhouse Gas Emissions in China: An Unsustainable Situation in Search of a Solution
- 2017/28Cost-Benefit Analysis of climate change adaptation projectsEconomic Analysis | Evaluations | Climate change and the green transformation
- 2017/26Flexible demand for electricity and power: Barriers and opportunitiesEconomic Analysis | Kraft og energi
- 2017/23Implementing incentives for climate resilient housing among the urban poor in Vietnam Monitoring report 1Climate change and the green transformation
- 2016/57Incentive mechanisms & plan for implementationClimate change and the green transformation | Utviklingssamarbeid
- 2016/38Implementing incentives for climate resilient housing among the urban poor in Vietnam: Inception reportUtviklingssamarbeid | Climate change and the green transformation
- 2016/17Environmental Planning for Risk Reduction in China: A seven- step frameworkPlanning for Cost-Effective Environmental Risk Reduction in China | Utviklingssamarbeid
- 2016/14Planning for Environmental Risk Reduction in China: Policy RecommendationsPlanning for Cost-Effective Environmental Risk Reduction in China | Utviklingssamarbeid
- 2016/13Mainstreaming biodiversity and ecosystem services – Norwegian and European ExperiencesEnvironment – assessment and non-market valuation | Climate change and the green transformation | Utviklingssamarbeid
- 2014/32Tackling environmental risks with environmental planning: international experiencesUtviklingssamarbeid
- 2014/21Case Exercises: Using CBA and SEA to Reduce Environmental Risk in ChinaUtviklingssamarbeid
- 2013/37Baseline Study of Environment Planning and Risk Management in ChinaUtviklingssamarbeid
- 2012Air pollution reduction during China’s 11th Five-Year Plan period—local implementation and achievements in Shanxi province
- 2011/33Environmental Impacts of a Free Trade Agreement between China and NorwayUtviklingssamarbeid
- 2011/11Environmental Impacts of a Free Trade Agreement between China and Norway - Methodological frameworkUtviklingssamarbeid
- 2011The energy intensity target in China’s 11th Five-Year Plan period—Local implementation and achievements in Shanxi Province